WHY DO DUCTS NEED TO BE PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED REGULARLY?
1. Certified equipment and cleaning solutions – Look for a professional air duct cleaner who uses equipment and products certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute, which means it is a Seal of Approval company. Unlike machines you rent or buy, the portable steam cleaners or truck-mounted machines professionals use have a super strong suction that enable them to extract deeply embedded dirt and stubborn stains – more so than other machines. If you have small children or allergen sensitivities and are concerned about the application of air ducts chemicals, find companies that use eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are plant-based and natural.
2. Industrial-strength vacuum power – Experienced professional duct cleaners know that vacuuming before proceeding with a deep cleaning is crucial to achieving the best results. For that reason, professional cleaners will vacuum the carpets with an industrial-strength vacuum to pick up dirt, dust, hair, and other dry contaminants.
3. Don’t break your back – Another bonus is that professional cleaners will cover your furniture out of the room before cleaning. No need to break your back or rent a dolly. Plus, once the ducts are cleaned, the cleaning crew will move all of the furniture back to their original places. Just make sure moving furniture is part of the price you are quoted and not an extra fee.
4. Improve the air quality in your home – Regular vacuuming will only remove surface dirt and dust, leaving pounds of built-up grime embedded in your carpet fibers. It is recommended that you have your carpets professionally cleaned once a year – more frequently for larger households and areas with high HAC use – to remove deeply layered dirt in your ducts. A professional duct cleaner’s equipment is powerful enough to eliminate the unseen dry contaminants, improving the air quality inside your home.
5. Save you time – Using a professional service means an experienced technician takes care of all of those tasks for, saving you time and a trip to the chiropractor.
6. Avoid mold and mildew – Mold and mildew are common duct invaders. Often, they appear after someone attempts to clean their own ducts, leaving excessively amounts of debris. Hiring a professional will ensure that your ducts do not become over-saturated with dirt and are properly extracted with industrial-strength suction power.
7. Restore to your ducts to its original cleanliness and HAC proper fuction – Aside from removing stubborn dirt & debris as well as embedded dirt, professional duct cleaners also aim to restore carpet to its original beauty and quality. Maintaining your ducts with regular professional deep cleanings will help you extend the life of your HVAC units and will leave your air quality feeling and smelling fresh and clean.
8. Protection – Professional duct cleaners also aim to help you protect your duction from future buildup of bacteria. Ask about having specially manufactured cleaning & disinfecting agents applied to your ducts to protect your family.
9. Knowledge of different HVAC types – An experienced air duct cleaning technician will have sufficient knowledge of the different types and brands of HVAC units, and will be able to suggest the best cleaning methods and products for your ducting.
10. Guaranteed – Find a reputable duct cleaner who will offer a 100% guarantee for his work. Reputable companies offer a standard 14- to 30- day guarantee, which includes a free follow-up cleaning if there are any problems with their work.